Welcome!!

If you're new to Cycling-Through, please take a second and read some of the "Posts of note" in the list to the right. Then, if you see others that you appreciate enough to recommend for that list, let me know.
Also, please feel free to comment - even anonymously if you must.
Thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Morning Run

Annotated Photos of a Sunday Morning Run



Very gray morning.  Started dark and got light - like most mornings.  



Look close at the middle of the picture and see the next hill.  It looks like a wall beyond the end of the near trail.  It is a wall.  The section of trail in the foreground is already climbing steeply, but the wall must be well over 20%.  Good for the lungs and quads.  My legs were toast after the Mt. Diablo 50k last weekend and sick for 2 days last week.  Made me work for the hills.



This is a sample of the trails.  The cows obliterate the trails when it's wet, and leave no flat surface larger than the palm of your hand.  This makes running interesting.  I forgot to take a picture of one of the bad sections, so took a picture of this area instead.  No twisted ankles - yet.  If you want to strengthen your ankles - this is where to run.



Cute calf.  I actually thought it was a dog at first.


So many wildflowers right now.  Poppies are past the prime, but these yellow flowers are everywhere.  I just missed the picture of a Redwinged Blackbird on a stalk.  You'll have to imagine.


Perspective.  I ran 15 miles, so I covered a lot of ground.  I was on the far side of the distant hills when I took the top picture.  I'm on my way back down into the intervening valley and back up - after shooting this one.  That is sunlight slanting onto those hills - my only look at the sun for that run.



No comments:

Post a Comment