The lyrics to Mathew West's Strong Enough were going through my mind during an early Saturday morning training ride.
This particular ride was rife with little objectives:
- Turn the corner in Walnut Creek on my first loop before 40 minutes had passed - Success
- Meet Vince at his house by 7:00 AM, or at approx. 1hour 10 minutes - Success
- Meet the larger group at Mt. Diablo North Gate by 8:00 - Abandoned
- Establish an alternate route we could ride in 3 hours to be done by 10:00 AM - Success
- Attempt a new 1 mile hill (known to Vince as the hill his work van can only go up in low gear) up Castle Crest Rd. in Walnut Creek with more than a 1/4 mile of it at over 20% - Success
- Climb South Gate Rd. up to the Ranger station in under 30 minutes - Success
- Get to our respective appointments by 10:00 AM - Fail
All day, up every hill, I was chanting "I can do all things, Through Christ who gives me strength." How encouraging to have such a positive message cycling through those inner eardrums with which only my spirit can listen. I must admit I tortured creation with my own rendition of West's song - out loud. Apologies.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.