Welcome!!

If you're new to Cycling-Through, please take a second and read some of the "Posts of note" in the list to the right. Then, if you see others that you appreciate enough to recommend for that list, let me know.
Also, please feel free to comment - even anonymously if you must.
Thanks for reading!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Can Do All Things Through Christ


The lyrics to Mathew West's Strong Enough were going through my mind during an early Saturday morning training ride.

This particular ride was rife with little objectives:
  • Turn the corner in Walnut Creek on my first loop before 40 minutes had passed - Success
  • Meet Vince at his house by 7:00 AM, or at approx. 1hour 10 minutes - Success
  • Meet the larger group at Mt. Diablo North Gate by 8:00 - Abandoned
  • Establish an alternate route we could ride in 3 hours to be done by 10:00 AM - Success
  • Attempt a new 1 mile hill (known to Vince as the hill his work van can only go up in low gear) up Castle Crest Rd. in Walnut Creek with more than a 1/4 mile of it at over 20% - Success
  • Climb South Gate Rd. up to the Ranger station in under 30 minutes - Success
  • Get to our respective appointments by 10:00 AM - Fail
The highlight of our ride was the climb up Castle Crest. Vince challenged me to the climb - knowing I was incapable of refusing. He said he'd wait at the bottom, which I happened to know he likewise was incapable of. We met at the top soaked with sweat and hearts pounding. Smiles.

All day, up every hill, I was chanting "I can do all things, Through Christ who gives me strength." How encouraging to have such a positive message cycling through those inner eardrums with which only my spirit can listen. I must admit I tortured creation with my own rendition of West's song - out loud. Apologies.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment